Hello everyone! Today I’ll discuss about what to do if suddenly fever occurs.
Suddenly anyone can get a fever. However, fever is not a disease in itself, but a symptom of another disease. Fever is caused by the body’s own process to prevent the attack of germs including viruses and bacteria in the body. Normal body temperature is 96.6 degrees Fahrenheit. If the temperature is between 98.6 to 100.6, it is known as mild fever. Moderate fever up to 103 degrees, with a temperature above that is considered high fever. Fever causes sore throat, cough, loss of appetite, as well as weakness in the body. Let’s know about some things to do in case of fever-
What to do in case of sudden fever:-
- The main and first treatment for fever is to eat plenty of fluids. The water will continue, along with hot soup, ginger-tea, juice, etc. Hot cough will control the cough. Ginger tea and hot drinks are helpful in relieving sore throat and headache.
- In case of fever, the whole body of the patient should be sponged (wiped with a wet cloth). Continuous sponging for about 10 minutes can reduce the temperature. However, those who have a cold, such as coughing and wheezing, should be careful not to feel cold when sponging. Their cold water cannot be eaten at all. It is better to feed them with hot water. You can leave the fan on lightly while sponging. Again, care should be taken so that the air does not feel direct in the patient’s body. In case of fever, doctors usually recommend taking napa or paracetamol tablets. However, no extra paracetamol should be taken without the advice of a doctor.
- In case of normal cold fever, paracetamol or sponge can cure the fever. However, if you have a fever for 3 days or more, you must consult a doctor.
- You can eat ginger powder mixed with lemon in hot water. It fights bacterial infections. This can reduce the fever.
- In case of fever, boil one teaspoon of cumin and 4-6 tulsi leaves in a glass of water and take one teaspoon twice a day.
Another useful food for fever is rice semolina, along with a little adakuchi and boiled vegetables. Raisins contain vitamin-C and antioxidants, which help to heal faster. Another beneficial food for fever patients is tomato and carrot soup.
That’s all for today. Be healthy and happy. Good bye!